Lawn bowls is a popular sport and leisure activity in Australia. The game is played for the challenge and competition, personal enjoyment, activity, the pleasure of spending time outdoors and for social interaction. It is also a low-impact, therapeutic form of exercise. This is not just our opinion as many Health Websites confirm the benefits of playing lawn bowls; for example:
• Better Health, Lawn bowls - health benefits; link to this site here
• ABC Health & Wellbeing – lawn bowls; link to this site here
• Seniors - Lawn bowls is a fun, a social activity with health benefits; link to this site here
The accompanying video displays a summary of reasons why playing lawn bowls at Springwood Bowls may be worth considering. Click on the play button to view it.
HOW TO JOIN
Thinking of joining Springwood Bowls? It’s easy and there's plenty of help available. Here’s the procedure:
• Contact us using the Contact Details given below, perhaps visit us at the Club or, use the Membership Enquiry Form below.
• Someone will contact you to arrange a membership application
• A coach will be allocated to teach the fundamentals of the game (at no charge)
• Bowls can be borrowed from the club in the initial stage
• There is sometimes the option to purchase second-hand bowls
• Then, join in the Social Bowls Program, played on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays commencing at 1 pm
Note: Club uniform is not required for social bowls.
Is this for you, can you see yourself enjoying this great game? If so, please contact us and then, join us in “the game for life”.